Baby Forster

Monday, November 21, 2005

17 Weeks tomorrow!

This afternoon I have been to the doctors as I had an appointment with the Midwife for my triple test. This was a simple blood test and I'll get the results in a couple of weeks. They will be testing the baby for downs and spina bifida - They give the results as a rate so anything over 1 in 250 is good and anything below 1 in 249 then you can have an amniocentisis which also carries risk of miscarriage as it is an invasive test. We shall see.


I also had my blood pressure taken and again it was low.


The M/w also felt my tummy AND then she let me listen to the heartbeat. The baby was lying really low down but you could hear it really well - a strng fast heartbeat belonging to our baby. It was SO lovely to hear. It made my day.


Today I have one of my new matrnity tops on - very comfy - I bought two tops and a pair of trousers at the weekend so that should last me a bit. I am definitely at the inbetween stage of being too big for my normal clothes and too small to fill maternity wear!

Last night Dan and I started thinking about what we wanted in the nursery! We had a look in the Ikea catalogue. EXCITING!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home